Terms & Conditions
Welcome to Emcoop.ae. These are the terms and conditions concerning your access to and use of the website emcoop.ae and its related sub-domains, sites, services and tools (the “Site” and the “mobile App”). By accepting these terms and conditions (including the linked information herein), and by using the Site, you agree to comply with these terms and conditions with Emirates Cooperative Society (“we”, “us”or “emcoop.ae”) in relation to your use of the Site (“User Agreement”). This User Agreement is effective upon acceptance. If you do not agree to be bound by this User Agreement please do not access, register with or use this Site.
- the personal information we collect;
- the use of your personal information;
- how we protect the personal information we collect; and
- the rights and choices you have in relation to your personal information.
This Policy applies if you use our services (referred to in this Policy as “our Services”). Using our Services means:
- Buying / Ordering services or products from any of our branches over the phone, in store, or online
- Taking part in our promotions & competitions and registering to receive our newsletters and offers
This Policy also applies if you contact us or we contact you about our services.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you register to our services, we may collect:
- Your personal details, including your postal and billing addresses, email address(es), phone number(s), date of birth, gender, and passport or ID number
- Your account login details, such as your username and the password (encrypted) that you have chosen; and
- Your interests, preferences, income, and other profiling information.
When you shop with us online, browse our websites, use our mobile apps, we may collect:
- Information about your online purchases (for example: what, when, where you ordered / bought and how you paid);
- Information about your online browsing behavior on our websites, mobile apps and public networks and information about when you click on one of our adverts (including those shown on other organizations websites);
- Information about devices you have used to access our services (including the make, model and operating system, IP address, browser type and mobile device identifiers); and
- Information about your precise geolocation.
When you use any of our Mazaya loyalty program to shop with us, we may collect:
- Transaction information, including the in-store and online purchases you earn points for and how you use your points, coupons, and vouchers within our branches and other partners.
When you contact us or we contact you or you take part in promotions, competitions, surveys or questionnaires about our services, we may collect:
- Personal information you provide about yourself;
We may be required by law to collect personal information about you or as a consequence of any contractual relationship we have with you.
WHY AND HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Make our services available to you
We use your personal information to provide the services you have requested, including:
- Processing your orders and refunds; and
- Managing the accounts you hold with us.
This is so we can provide the services to you in line with our contractual obligations to you.
Personalize your experience
We may use your personal information to personalize the marketing messages we send to you and to make them more relevant and interesting, as this is in our legitimate business interests. Where necessary we will obtain your consent first. We may use your personal information for this purpose in the following ways:
- Using your online browsing behavior as well as your in-store and online purchases to help us better understand you as a customer and provide you with personalized offers and services;
- Providing you with relevant marketing communications (including by email, post, telephone, SMS, or online advertising), relating to products and services we offer, and those of our suppliers and partners. As part of this, online advertising may be displayed on our websites and on other organizations websites and online media channels. We may also measure the effectiveness of our marketing communications and those of our suppliers and partners;
- To help us to better understand you and provide you with services and marketing communications, that are relevant to your interests, we combine personal information we collect when you make purchases in-store with personal information collected from our websites and mobile apps.
We may use your personal information when we communicate with you, in order to:
- Contact you about our Services, for example by phone, email or post or by responding to social media posts that you have directed at us;
- Manage promotions and competitions you take part in, including those we run with our suppliers and partners;
Manage and improve our day-to-day operations
We analyze information about how you use our services to:
- Manage and improve our websites and mobile apps;
- Help to develop and improve our product range, services, stores, information technology systems, know-how and the way we communicate with you;
- Detect and prevent fraud or other crime.
It is in our legitimate business interests to use the information provided to us for this purpose, so we can understand any issues with our services to improve it.
HOW WE PROTECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
We maintain physical, technical, and organizational safeguards to secure your personal information from unauthorized access, use, alteration and destruction. However, no internet-based site can be 100% secure and we cannot be held responsible for unauthorized or unintended access that is beyond our control.
We operate channels, pages and accounts on some social media sites to inform, assist and engage with customers. We monitor and record comments and posts made on these channels about us so that we can improve our services.
Emcoop.ae is not responsible for any information posted on those sites other than information we have posted ourselves. We do not endorse the social media sites themselves or any information posted on them by third parties.
We keep records for as long as required to:
- b) personalize the products, services and communications with you
- c) comply with the applicable record retention legal requirements. When deciding how long to keep your personal information after our relationship with you has ended, we take into account our legal obligations and regulators’ expectations.
All marketing communications we send to you will provide you with a way to withdraw your consent to future marketing. If you no longer wish to receive promotional materials you may opt-out from receiving these communications or change your account settings, this will remove you from marketing lists.
Please note that if you unsubscribe from marketing communications you will still receive operational and service messages from us regarding the services or products you bought from us and responses to enquiries made to us, and that we may hold your details on a suppression list so we don’t send you marketing communications in the future.
COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
- Improve the way our websites and mobile apps work
- Cookies allow us to improve the way our websites and mobile apps work so that we can personalize your experience and allow you to use many of their useful features.
- Improve the performance of our websites and mobile apps
- Cookies can help us to understand how our websites and mobile apps are being used, for example, by telling us if you get an error messages as you browse. These Cookies collect data that is mostly aggregated and anonymous.
- Deliver relevant online advertising
- Cookies used for this purpose are often placed on our websites by other organizations, and always with our permission. These Cookies may collect information about your online behavior, such as your IP address, the website you arrived from and information about your purchase history or the content of your shopping basket. This means that you may see our adverts on our websites and on other organizations’ websites. You may also see adverts for other organizations on our websites.
- To help us to deliver online advertising that is relevant to you, we may also combine data we collect through Cookies in the browser of your desktop computer or other devices with other data that we have collected (e.g. Loyalty program).
- Measuring the effectiveness of our marketing communications, including online advertising
- Cookies can tell us if you have seen a specific advert, and how long it has been since you have seen it. This information allows us to measure the effectiveness of our online advertising campaigns and control the number of times you are shown an advert.
- Your choices when it comes to Cookies
- You can use your browser settings to accept or reject new Cookies and to delete existing Cookies. You can also set your browser to notify you each time new Cookies are placed on your computer or other device.
- If you choose to disable some or all Cookies, you may not be able to make full use of our platforms. For example, you may not be able to add items to your shopping basket, proceed to checkout, or use some of our products and services that require you to sign in.
AGGREGATE DATA, DATA ANALYTICS AND SOCIAL MEDIA FUNCTIONALITY
We may aggregate personal information and remove any identifying elements in order to analyze patterns and improve our marketing and promotional efforts, to analyze platform use, to improve our content and product offerings, and to customize our platforms’ content, layout, products and services, and we may appoint third parties to do this on our behalf, as set out above.
We gather certain usage information like the number and frequency of visitors to our platforms. This information may include which webpage you just came from, which webpage you next go to, what browser you are using, your device and your IP address. We only use such data in the aggregate. This collective data helps us to determine how much our customers use parts of our platforms, and do research on our users’ demographics, interests, and behavior to better understand and serve you.
If you use buttons on our platforms linked to social media or similar sites (for example “Like” and/or “Share” buttons), content from our platforms may be sent back to that other website or service and, depending on your privacy settings, may be privately or publicly visible (for example to friends, followers, or generally to anyone who has access to your profile page).
You have the right to see or access the personal information we hold about you. To receive a copy, kindlyemail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
In addition, you have certain rights regarding your personal information, subject to local law. These include the following rights to:
- rectify the information we hold about you;
- erase your personal information;
- restrict our use of your personal information;
- object to our use of your personal information;
- withdraw any consents you have provided for our use of your personal information;
- receive your personal information in a usable electronic format and transmit it to a third party (right to data portability); and
- lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority.
If you would like to discuss or exercise such rights, please contact us or email us at email@example.com
If you are concerned that any of the information we hold about you is incorrect, or out of date, please write to the email address above to report your concerns and we will take appropriate steps to amend our records.
Please note that we will likely require additional information from you in order to honor your requests.
Method of Payments/Card types accepted and currency
emcoop.ae accepts the following payment methods:
- Credit cards: MasterCard and Visa
- Cash on delivery
- Card on delivery
- Payments can be made only in AED currency.
Shipping and Delivery
Receive your order on the same day.
emcoop.ae offers a free delivery service for all orders if amount is above AED 100.
AAED10delivery charge might be applicable for orders below 100 AED. (At present it is not applicable, although there is a provision for it in future)
A minimum order of AED 100 is applicable.
Delivery time will be within an hour of placing yourorder,our dedicated delivery team will call you when they’re on their way to give you an estimated time of arrival.
In case of an out of stock situation arise on any of the products ordered by you and if its outside of our control, then we will contact you as soon as possible to let you know and we will take steps to minimize the effect of the delay.
If no one is available at your address to take delivery and the products cannot be delivered, we will notify you of how to rearrange delivery or collect the product.
If you do not collect the product from us as arranged or if, after a failed delivery to you, you do not re-arrange delivery or collect them from a delivery depot; we will contact you for further instructions. If, despite our reasonable efforts, we are unable to contact you or re-arrange delivery or collection, we will cancel your order.
Title to Products: A product will be considered owned by you and your responsibility from the time we deliver the product to the delivery address and you have paid for the product.
Invoice: We will issue an electronic invoice,which will be shown in your purchase history.
Carrier used for Delivery service is Massar Solutions.
Al Qouz, Al Sufouh, Dubai Marina, Internet City, Knowledge Village, Dubai Locations that we can deliver:Media City,Tecom, The Greens, Umm Suquiem.
Out of Stock Item: If an item is out of stock, it will display on the site or in the event of the system not being updated, you will receive a call in regards to the same.
Refund /Return Policy
We are happy to assist you and manage all your requests for return and/or exchange.
From the day you receive your item, our return policy is valid for 7 days.
Item(s) purchased on emcoop.ae may be returned and/or exchanged either by pickup or directly in your nearest Emirates Cooperative Society hypermarket. For a pickup service, delivery charges may apply.
Please ensure that returned item(s) are supplemented with your order confirmation, a copy of your delivery note along with all accessories and free of charge gifts.
If you have received an item(s) that is defective (e.g. delivered with ripped or missing parts or other damage) it may be returned for a replacement or full credit upon approval.
The item(s) should be in its original and unopened packaging, along with the corresponding original order confirmation, delivery note, accessories and free gifts.
For a pickup service, delivery charges may apply.
For further information, please do not hesitate to contact us. We’ll be happy to serve you.
Our Returns and Exchanges promise:
7 days’ returns
From the day you receive your item, our return policy is valid for 7 days. (Any perishable items same day return)
Easy Returns & Exchanges
You can visit the Hypermarket/ Supermarket from where the item has been purchased.
Get a refund.
If the item is damaged on delivery* (upon approvals of after sales service). The refund will be in form of coupon or cash back.“Refunds will be done only through the original mode of payment”.
An item or order can be cancelled till the item is in the processing stage. Once the item or order is “Out for Delivery” No cancellation can be processed.
Physical Address & Contact Details
Address: جمعية الإمارات التعاونية
Al Nadha Street
Opp. Etisalat Metro Station
Contact no:(04) 2642641
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
“This website is governed by the UAE law”
General Store information
- What are the opening hours of my local store?
We have a listed down the opening hours for all our stores in the Shop info section please visit the section to learn more.
- Which is the store closest to me?
Please visit our Shop info section, type in your location, and it will bring up the store nearest to you.
- هل هناك حد أدنى لقيمة الطلب؟
Yes, the minimum order value is AED 100 for our grocery delivery services.
Q. Do you charge for delivery?
نحن نقدم خدمة التوصيل within Dubai for a minimum purchase of 100 AED. Please consult with your closest store for more information.
هل يمكنني حجز موعد التسليم؟
يمكن أن يساعدك أقرب متجر لك في حجز موعد التسليم الخاص بك.
Q. Where is my delivery or late deliveries?
سيحاول فرعنا الاتصال بك في حالة تأخر التسليم. إذا لم يتم توصيل الطلب الخاص بك في موعد الحجز المحدد لك ولم يتم التواصل معك، فيرجى الاتصال بفريق خدمة العملاء على رقم 800327 حيث تسعدهم خدمتك.
- What type of payment cards can I use in-store?
We accept the followingpayment methods in our stores:
Cash, Credit/Debit cards, Store Coupons, Gift Cards.
- I have a gift voucher; how can I use it?
The Emcoop gift voucher can be used only for full payment at any Emcoop hypermarket or EmcoopSupermarket stores in the UAE. Emcoop Gift vouchers have an expiry date mentioned on the voucher.
- I seem to have been charged twice for the same transaction. What should I do?
Please consult our customer service desk or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- What shall I do if I’ve been overcharged?
Please consult our customer service desk or email us at email@example.com
- How do we earn Mazaya points?
You earn points while shopping in-store or online. Your points are accumulated in your account and your Mazaya points can be redeemed as discounts in-store, online, and via your mobile application. Every 80 points give you AED 1.00.
- Can you reserve items for me to collect at a later date?
Sorry, we operate on a ‘first come first served’ policy on all our stock. To keep things fair, we don’t reserve any stock in our stores.
- I’d like to purchase a large amount of stock from your store. Is there a limit?
For Bulk/ corporate orders kindly contact firstname.lastname@example.org
*Not applicable for promotion items
- I’ve been disappointed with the quality of a product I’ve purchased. What should I do?
We are very sorry you have had a bad experience. Please consult our customer service desk or reach our customer services on email@example.com,we’ll be happy to listen to you.
- I’ve purchased an out of date product from you. What should I do?
We are very sorry you have had a bad experience. Please kindly return to the store at your earliest convenience so this issue can be investigated.
- I’ve noticed that the price of a product has risen in price recently. Why is this?
Price increases are often out of our control. We do try to hold these back as long as possible because our aim is to offer our customers the best quality, value for money and service that we can. Our buyers work very hard to negotiate the best prices available and when we do obtain any price reductions we pass them on to our customers immediately.
- How can I find out about vacancies?
All of our vacancies can be found on our Careers page.
- How do I apply for a job?
Please visit our Careers page and submit your application. If we consider your application valid, you will be contacted ASAP by our recruitment Team.
- I’m based in the UAE and I am interested in supplying a product to you to sell in your stores. What should I do?
Please visit our Contact us page and fill and submit the contact form. We will then forward your interest to our buying teams.
- I’m based outside of the UAE and I am interested in supplying a product to you to sell in your stores. What should I do?
Please visit our Contact us page and fill and submit the contact form. We will then forward your interest to our buying teams.
Emirates Coop App FAQs:
- What is the app for?
The Emirates Coop app allows you to shop online, and place grocery delivery orders from emcoop.ae.
It’s available for iOS users via the App Store and Android users via the Google Play Store.
*On both the Android & iOS version, you’ll be able to also view your Mazaya card.
What devices can I use the app on?
The iOS app is built for devices running iOS 11 or above – meaning the app is incompatible with devices released prior to the iPhone 5s (including iPhone 5c and iPhone 5). The Android app will run on Android versions 5.0 (Lollipop) and above.
Q. Is the app free to download?
Yes, downloading the app is free of charge.
What account do I use to sign in on the app?
You have to create a new account on the app/or Emcoop.ae, we will prompt you to add in your username, password and other personal details for the registration. On the app and Emcoop.ae only one-time registration is required from your devise
I don’t have an Emcoop.ae account. Can I still shop on the app?
You can search and browse for products without an account. However, building a trolley, managing favorites, and checking out all require an emcoop.ae account.
You can either sign up on emcoop.ae or tap ‘Create an Account’ within the app.
Q. What Apple devices can I use the app on?
64-bit Apple devices and the oldest devices it will work on are the iPhone 5S, iPad Air 1 and the iPad Mini 2.
Can I use the app on my iPad?
Yes – however, the app is designed with mobile users in mind. While it is available and will work on an iPad, it is not optimized – so it will simply display as a ‘larger’ version of the iPhone app.
Will my app update if I add items on the website?
No. our app and website us not synchronized. Any products you add on the app will not be updated on the websiteand vice versa.
Can I shop from a previous order?
Yes – to do this, go to ‘More’, then tap on ‘Orders’. You will see a list of your previous orders – you can click into any order for details, and shop from any previously completed order.
How do I know if an item has been added to my trolley?
The total price will update on the top right-hand side of your screen. The number of items will also update on the bottom trolley icon. You will also see an icon appear on the product image showing how many you have in your trolley.
Q. Can I change my address in the app?
Yes. The app will use your default address as standard, but you can change your address in the ‘Book Slot’ screen.
To do this, tap your existing address at the top of the screen, and select one of your other addresses from the drop-down. Alternatively, you can add a new address altogether.
Can I amend my order on the mobile app?
Yes. You can amend a pending order on the home screen by tapping the ‘Amend Order’ button – after a few seconds, you will be able to amend your order.
Alternatively, you can go to ‘More’, then tap on ‘Orders’ for a list of all pending orders. From this screen, you can tap ‘Amend Order’. After a few seconds, you will be able to amend your order.
Please note, your amendments will not be saved until you checkout again. You can do this either on the app or on the website.
How do I know if my order is confirmed?
You will see your order confirmation in the app after checking out and you will also receive an email and an in app notification.
How do I cancel my order?
On the app: go to track & history, click on track, your order details will be shown, you may click on the red color “cancel order”
On Emcoop.ae: You can cancel an order via the My Orders page.
I’ve no internet connection. Can I still shop on the app?
Most of the app requires an internet connection to use. You will be able to view items that were in your trolley at the time the app went offline. Any changes made on the website will not be reflected in your app until you reconnect to the internet.
Q. Why don’t products load straight away?
In order to save storage space on your device, the app stores as little information as possible – including product images & data. These are downloaded if & when they are required – such as when browsing the product catalogue. They are then stored for a short amount of time, so if you access these products during the same session, they should load faster.
What happens if the app stops working?
- If the app stops working come back to try the app later.
- The app is not synchronized with the website.
- If the app is down, then you can shop from the website.
- The app will also not work. Please follow any guidance on the website, and try again later.
If you encounter a problem with the app – please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
My app is stuck or frozen. What do I do?
- Double-click the Home Button on your iPhone to show your most recently used app.
- Swipe along your apps until you find the Emirates Coop app
Swipe the app up to force it to close
- Restart the Emcoop app
If the problem persists, please contact Customer Care on 800 327or email us on email@example.com
Q. I added a product on promotion to my trolley, but now I can’t see the promotion anymore?
One of two things has likely happened:
- The promotion is no longer valid for the delivery slot you have booked.
- The promotion has ended since you added the item to your trolley.
Please check the Product Details page to see the dates that the Promotion is valid.
Do I have to do all my shopping in one go?
No – any items you’ve added to your trolley will be saved on the app, and on the website – you can return and complete your shop any time you want.
Q. Why do the delivery slots look different on the app than on to the website?
Our slots look different on the app to make it easier for you to see a wider range of available slots. Although they look different, the time slots are the same.
Q. Where is my data stored?
We don’t store any sensitive information in the app – this is one of the reasons we ask you to re-authenticate when you’re checking out.
The App may call on the iOS Keychain. If you have enabled this, your iPhone may store some website login credentials, personal details and/or credit card details in the Apple Keychain. For more information on iOS Keychain, see the Apple Support Website.
My app is stuck or frozen. What do I do?
For iOS devices:
On an iPhone X or later or an iPad with iOS 12, from the Home screen, swipe up from the bottom of the screen and pause slightly in the middle of the screen.
On an iPhone 8 or earlier, double-click the Home button to show your most recently used apps
Swipe right or left to find the app that you want to close. Swipe up on the app’s preview to close the app.
For Android Devices:
Launch the recent applications menu (this will vary by device, but is often a square icon at the bottom of the screen)
Swipe up or down to find the app you want to close
Swipe right on the app’s preview to close the app
*If the problem persists, please contact Customer Care on 800 327